The Tenets of Faith
The Tenets of Faith adhered to by Logan City Christian Church
- The deity of our Lord Jesus Christ.
- His sinless life.
- His miracles.
- His victorious and atoning death through His shed blood.
- His bodily resurrection.
- His ascension to the right hand of the Father.
- His personal return in power and glory as King of Kings and Lord of Lords.
- The fall of man, thus necessitation of rebirth through confession and belief in Jesus Christ.
- The reconciliation of man to God by the substitutionary death and shed blood of our Lord Jesus Christ.
- The resurrection of believers unto everlasting life and unbelievers unto everlasting punishment in hell.
- The present supernatural ministry of the Holy Spirit and His gifts into and among believers since the day of Pentecost and continuing until our Lords return.
- The bible reveals to us the mind of Christ and the complete revelation of God’s will for the salvation of men; and is the inspired, infallible authoritative Word of God.
- There is one God manifested in three persons, Father, Son, and Holy Spirit.
- The reality of Satan and his present influence over the unbeliever.
- Baptism in water by full immersion in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit is enjoined upon all who have repented and believe.
- The Baptism with the Holy Spirit, accompanied by speaking with other tongues is promised to every believer empowering them to be an effective witness for Christ. This experience is distinct from and subsequent to the new birth.
Why We Believe
Believing in God is a result of exercising the measure of Faith God has freely given to every man. Man is truly converted as he recognises his sin nature he inherited from Adam, realises he is need of a saviour and turns from his sin, genuinely accepts Jesus Christ the Son of God, the saviour of the world, he then takes on the very nature of God. God is love and is long suffering toward humanity, He will always be reaching out to people who do not know Him. Therefore we who are His, believe and are compelled to accomplish Gods will here on earth according to the gospel of John Chapter 3.
Why We Do What We Do
The scriptures teach us we are to go and to do the things Jesus commanded us to do. At Logan City Christian Church, we know we, as well as other churches, have a mandate given by Jesus to let the world know that there is a God in heaven who has done everything possible to restore the marred relationship between humanity and the creator of the world.